May 10, 2004 First stop of the day was at Fort Randall, to
see the ruins of the old chapel. Built in 1856, the fort was
for the protection of settlers. The chapel was built by men of the fort in
their free time. When the fort was abandoned in 1892 the church was left.
Over the years it has deteriorated. Now the Army Corps of Engineers is
replacing the roof, and plan to remake it to look like it did when built.
Lois Flanagan is enjoying a short walk to more interpretive panels